True Identity

Werbung:

Moagrim

I didn't say that it was dead i said that it was dying. Very little new members are joning up and playing those games, they have a cult following, and many of their numbers are leaving every so often. Any game with dwindling gamers is fading, if only slightly, at the moment.

Tenebrae

Personally, I just recently came to terms with the realization that WoW really isn't that fun. In truth, I'm getting kind of sick of online play altogether. If I had a dollar for everytime I heard the word "noob" on there, and on wc3, I'd be the richest man in the world. Seriously, even if Blizzard does ban people for certain behavior, that doesn't stop them from talking a buncha' crap to someone who they automatically assume is a noob.

I think my life was a lot simpler before I was introduced to online games.... not to mention video games... :gruntbored:

Fladian

Everyone grows out of (most) games, eventually. Or at least, loses some interest in it... therefore the reason why I only play a handful of games.

Admitted that, I had quite a hard time answering the question: "Then what DO you do?" a few days ago...

Fladian

So do I. After all, how old is Baldurs Gate II and Anno 1602? :p Not to mention that I am eager to play Magic the Gathering again (not as a video game, though) with an old friend and my brother.

The most new games I am playing are even old as well. Football Manager '06 and I installed the Sims II yesterday... I felt like playing that again. (Note: The Sims I disc exploded)

Tenebrae

You play Sims?!?! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!!

Lol, just kidding man, calm down. My sister has that game, and I admit, I've played it more than a few times. It's interesting, but not exactly what I'm into. I guess one of the problems with it, Sims 1 at least, (i've never played Sims 2), is that you don't really have any goal you are trying to reach. The game just goes on until you get bored with it.

And then, with WoW, you're ultimate goal is just too hard to get to, so you get bored with that pretty quickly too.... actually, it took me about three months to get bored with it, but even so....

Fladian

The Sims (I) was my favorite game by the time it was released. Together with a friend, we kept playing it for day and night... literally. We played it that often, that we (seriously) blew up the CD. I haven't played The Sims I since.
Sims II is quite a pleasant game, and I always had a thing for simulations, alas Football Manager and a few other similar type of games; nowadays I stick to the two usual games (Baldurs Gate and Football Manager). I'll probably uninstall the Sims II soon enough again though. It takes too much of my free disc space. The Sims II, Black & White, Diablo II and Anno 1602 are games I just feel like playing at a certain moment, but I usually don't keep them installed long. Anno 1602 is a different story though...
On a side note, when the Sims I was released, it was in general quite a popular game among just about everyone.

The girlfriend of my brother is a real addict to the game and quite a regular at the official site of the Sims.

The Sims II doesn't have much of a goal either, but it is a pleasant thought that age plays a role, so you don't redo everything over and over again. After a while, it does feel like you're repeating it, but that's usually the time I uninstall it. It still (just like the other four I earlier mentioned, Diablo having the least of it) has quite an addictive factor to it. I truly do adore the memory of blowing up my first CD though. :p

WoW isn't my type of game, regardless of what is said. I've mentioned that before.

Undead_Lives

I'd rather not play a game that's just about real life, I'd rather live >.>
Hehe, I recently beat FF7, and FFX-2. Quite enjoyable. I just hated the ending off 7 >.>

MeTaL GuArD

And i still play Warcraft III and Diablo II(more the second, you know the reason >_<). And i played The Sims a while but i got bored of it really fast.

Fladian

Well, I just uninstalled The Sims again. It was to be expected, as I said.

I remain heavily addicted to Football Manager, especially now that the new season has started. Not to mention that I'm patiently waiting for the next one: FM '07.

Right now, a game like FM is just fine for me. Complicated games are not right for me when I'm sick.

Tenebrae

Hehe, I recently beat FF7, and FFX-2.
[/b]

Nice! Did you ever get the Knights of the Round summon in FF7? Its the most powerful summon in the whole game, and pretty much any enemy you face is officially screwed if you have it.... except Sephiroth still survives when I use it on him, but it probably takes out about half of his life, lol

Werbung: