uh oh this cant be good....

Werbung:

Fladian

The topic originally was made for school (times).

I'm a fan of Radio 538 (which is specialized in more talking than music) and their rival is Sky Radio (which is specialized in music only). Though I don't mind listening to Sky Radio either, I enjoy talking more.

I'll explain a bit why I am so fond of it.
6:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Edwin Evers', morning program. Not only did he won the price of "the most popular" and/or "the best" DJ of the Netherlands, he is also the man I admire the most. I love his style, I enjoy his humor and he's the type of guy I yearn to be. Though perhaps only a bit, I try to imitate him.
His 'talking' is together done with two side kicks and a news reader. His program is focused heavily on the latest news, and he, and his program are the main source of my general update of the news. He gives a few reruns during the holidays (Christmas - New year) and does not give any recent news, and it automaticly becomes clear that I am not updated. I didn't even know that our national queen was hospitalized.
Like I said, Evers is the numer 1 DJ of the Netherlands.

10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Lindo Duvall, though by far not as talented (according to statics) as Evers, he has his own specialty. Lindo is one of the few details who plays a lot of music and he no (active) side kick. Lindo's talent is mostly shown in clubs when he acts like a real DJ. Though I find that the best description of Lindo is, that he is 'Driven.' Somewhere during the summer, three of the DJ's of the station reported sick a bit too late. Though I only heard him replace two (that is already more than six hours on one day), I later heard he replaced Evers as well. Meaning that he made '10' (!!!) hours on one day. The next week, he went on vacation. Lindo is a nice addition to 'artist news' as well.
I'm not sure how much Lindo earns for the station, but he does a good job in general.

12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Tim Klijn, excluding Jens (who I come back to later), my least favorite DJ. I don't like his humor and it feels as if he is trying to imitate Lindo a bit, which make him sound a bit boring. His price-winning game makes a lot up for it though.
I usually don't listen during that time to the radio, because I'm at school.

2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Jeroen Nieuwenhuize, a famous DJ out here. Not because of his radio DJ skills, but as his club DJ skills. He is only quite media-friendly and just about every random interview with a DJ, he is one of the people available. He's great to listen to... for less than an hour. His jokes are hilarious but gets boring too quickly.
Listening to him a few hours a week is more than enough. Unless you like his humor a lot and it doesn't get boring to you, it just isn't worth it to listen a lot to him.
Though that is my opinion of him, but he is one of the highest earners for the station.

4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Ruud de Wild is a guy I am still trying to figure out. According to statics, he is the no.2 DJ of the Netherlands, but he also acts a lot as presentator and a lot of other stuff. I just can't keep him up of what he does all the time. I also heard that some people in Sweden, the US and some other nations are also familiar with him.
His humor gets boring even faster than those of Nieuwenhuize if you don't like it. Fortunately enough, I like it, and most of the Netherlands agree, since he wouldn't win such a title otherwise.
De Wild is aiming on a younger audience, in opposite of Evers who aims for the 21 - 35 age. People above the aim of de Wild will definitely not like him, and the same counts for Evers. Though it is easy to debate about Evers when it comes to that. His famous imitations of the former soccer star, Johan Cruijff, Frank & Ronald de Boer are classics. Not to mention his imitations of Frans Bauer (popular Dutch singer) and his invitations to one of the best comedians of the Netherlands. Ruud specializes more in the news that will be in the newspaper the next day.

7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Dennis Ruyer is a good DJ, but his talents also come best to its rights in a club, instead of a radio. I like his humor and I like him, but unfortunately, I always got something to do during the time he is on the radio. When I had free time, I always liked listening to him, though I prefer almost every other DJ over him.
He specializes in new music and new hits.

9:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Barry Paf is a well known DJ as well... partly because he tours a lot and is exceptional kind to 'students.' To get something right, I'm a second year student. He specializes heavily and is aiming for the student audience. He also produces actions like: 'the School Awards' or when a big event is available, he gives his program to his collegue DJ, Menno de Boer, and he goes off to the event and gives a live report of it.
Barry also has during the 11:45 - 12:00 time a 'romance' time. He tries to get a couple together during that time. Though Menno is more successful in it, I still prefer Barry.

Of all the voices, I definitely prefer Barry's voice. He sounds young and very friendly.

12:00 AM - 3:00 AM
Excluding Evers' program, Rick van Velthuysen's program is definitely my favorite. Wouldn't it be that I'd be a big fan of Evers, I'd easily say that I could fill most of my day listening to Rick. During the vacation, I usually listen two hours of Rick's program and three hours of Evers. Daily.
Rick's program exists 90% out of talking, and he plays about three songs every hour. His words: "When you have to drive a long distance during night time, it is always annoying. Just about all radio stations play non-stop music during that time, but I, for one, always fall asleep when non-stop music is played during night time and when I'm tired. I made this program for people who don't want to fall asleep behind the wheel."
Rick's program exists out of two side kicks, Erik-Jan and Koert. Koert also invites an amount of girls/woman (who's age varies from a lot of ages :p) to play with. Erik-Jan and Rick (sometimes, or often) act like real perverts and they already broadcasted live sex on the public radio. Their program is completely random and in my opinion, hilarious. The only way to not like their humor is when you are trying to avoid offensive jokes. Erik-Jan also broadcasted (more than once) the telephone number of random people who called or SMS'ed them.
I'll quote myself now: "First time I listened to Rick's program I got the expression that he didn't care much about what he did. He opens the SMS-box and reads about every SMS he gets. The phone-box is open as well and he answers a lot of phone calls personally. He also has MSN on while at work and can be chatted with." Nowadays, he also uses his webcam for private and non-private matters, though Erik-Jan seems to use it most of the time. At the minimum of once a week, (and every night) they have the webcam on and you can follow them live at www.rickschoptkont.nl (rick kicks ass.com, though it sounds EXTREMELY lame in Dutch :p).

3:00 - 6:00 AM
This is the time of Menno de Boer and Dennis Verheugd. If I remember right, Dennis is on during the monday until wensday, Menno all other days of the week. To be honest, I never manage to listen to them. But when I did listen to Dennis, I know he plays a lot of music I like :p I never listened to Menno in his own program.

2:00 PM - 6:00 PM Friday only.
Top 40, presented by Wessel van Diepen. Apparently, a well known DJ as well, though I don't really know him. The only program he presents, and talks in, is the Top 40, so I don't know too much about him. I do know that I like his riddles. He is a bit of the same kind of person like Nieuwenhuize, only he is on less times a week, so he doesn't get annoying quickly.
Halfway during the Top 40, he asks collegue DJ's to give him a hand. They usually do a good job of it as well.

6:00 PM - 9:00 PM Friday only.
Niels & Froukje. Though Niels is only a decent DJ who is specialized in only a certain music style - the one I don't like :p - and Froukje is a former model and not even a real DJ, ("I don't consider myself a DJ like Edwin Evers or Ruud de Wild.") but together they might be the most successful radio couple of the station, which even blows Rick, Ruud and Edwin away. Their humor is great and quickly appreciated by just about everyone, they are friendly to the callers - in opposite of Ruud and Rick - and their subjects are always interesting. There is no matter of liking ro disliking them, because it is a mood they create, and not just normal radio. I always look forward to listening to them. But because they are at a time most people go out, they don't have the highest earnings.

Varies badly Weekends only.
Jens Timmermans is the DJ I like the least. I am not fond on his humor, after all this time I can't recognize his voice, I don't like his style and he plays too much music. His combination with Froukje during the sunday morning was good to hear because Froukje always started good and interesting subjects Jens (or it feels like that) rellied on. Froukje recently stopped her combination with Jens, and since then, I stopped listening to the sunday morning program.
He's also available in the weekend evening, but he is only decent there. He doesn't have the creativity of all other DJ's, he isn't as driven as Lindo or Edwin, he is not as original as Rick or Ruud, he is not much of a presentator like Wessel or Tim and he doesn't have the combination with his side kicks like Edwin or Ruud. He doesn't offer the station anything new and he isn't earing too much for the station either - partly because of the time he is on - so I am not sure why he is still around. I'm sure there are people who like him though, but he could easily be replaced by Menno, Dennis V. or Erik as well.

0:00/12:00 AM - 3:00 AM Sunday only.
Jurjen Gofers. He is also the side kick of Wessel van Diepen, but I never really placed too much attention to his program. Partly because I don't stay up too late at sundays. I don't dare to comment on him, but I do admit that he's funny as a side kick. Note that he is the only side kick with his own program.

12:00 PM - 3:00 PM Weekends only.
Rick van Velthuysen and Marlous. A combination where you could put questions marks to. Because night time and day time have different restrictions, and Rick is not as funny with or without Erik-Jan and Koert, the program is completely different from Rick's night program. Rick can be considerd to be an "old fashioned" guy in this program, because he shows his "human" side while Marlous is still young (mid twenty, if I recall) and has completely different interests. Their personalities clashes heavily and in theory, there is no way they could be successful. Strangely enough, they are successful and they make a funny duo. They usually specialize in one single subject for three hours, which does not have an exact pattern. One day it is about snow, the other day it is about beaches and yet another day it are about schools. It really varies.

3:00 AM - 6:00 AM Sunday only.
Erik Werner is a 'talented kid', to call him like that. He is being 'trained' by the radio station itself and slowly, but someday will probably get his own program. In the mean time, he will have to do it during a time barely anyone listens.
Not too long ago, Erik had to replace Erik-Jan, Koert AND Rick, so the entire program. He cleary does not have the humor as Rick has, he doesn't have the (mega)talent what Evers has and he isn't as creative as most. But he kept me hooked to the radio just as good as Edwin, Ruud and Rick managed to. The subjects he started to talk about are subjects I just might start talking about sometime soon as well. I am still spending time to think about what he talked about, and that won't change any time soon.
I certainly hope that Erik might replace Jens some time. He already did a few times, but I'm not listening during that time much either. Or at least... not lately...

11:00 PM - 0:00 AM Friday only.
DJ Jean. The DJ Jean. He has his own program at the radio station, but to be honest, I never even listened to it :p Before his program starts, they play the 'Powermix', (made by Wessel) which I am not interested in at all. I usually lose track of the time and forget about DJ Jean.

8:00 PM - 0:00 AM Saturday only.
'Van Diepen's Dance Departement', is it called. They usually have a few good subjects they tell about throughout the week in comercials. I promised myself often that I would listen to it. But I keep losing track of the time, and usually it pops in my head when it already ended for a few hours.

8:00 PM - 0:00 AM Sunday only.
JuizeFM. A related radio station, done by Niels Hoogland, explained by 'Niels & Froukje.' They specialize in hip hop, R&B and rap there. As a matter of fact, only a short time ago, the one and only 50 Cent gave a visit. Niels was overjoyed by it, that's all I can tell, because I missed that show :p
I hardly ever listen to JuizeFM, because I don't like the music they play. I don't know how much they talk either, because the radio is usually on a very soft tone when I have JuizeFM on. For the last six months, I haven't had JuizeFM on.

In general, I always try to listen to the shows of Edwin, Ruud and Rick. I usually miss a couple hours of Edwin because I'm at school, or asleep. I also try to listen to Lindo and Barry, but usually I miss the program of Lindo because I'm at school, and Barry because I'm watching a movie.

Benx_X

fladian seriously please do me a favour?, keep your posts a bit smaller o_O cause it is soooo boring having to read something so long...

EDIT by Fladian: For crying out loud! Don't quote such a post!

Werbung:

Fladian

fladian seriously please do me a favour?, keep your posts a bit smaller o_O cause it is soooo boring having to read something so long...[/b]
I never asked you to read it. If you don't want to read it, feel free to ignore the post. Though I usually have a little conclusion at the bottom of a post that is longer than a few paragraphs.

EDIT by Fladian: For crying out loud! Don't quote such a post!
[/b]
Oh yeah, I editted your post, Ben.