What is your favorit song ?

Deviant

I've seen Catch22 live about 7 times I think is the count. I mostly meant Dinosaur Sounds was terrible. I was such a big fan of Jeff Davidson and when he left I saw one of their shows and it wasn't the same energy as it used to be. I still enjoy going to see them live and watching them perform songs from Keasby Nights and Alone In a Crowd but they aren't nearly what they used to be, especially lyrically, Davidson wrote awesome lyrics and so did Thomas Kalnoky (sp?). I'll always be a fan of Catch, been one for 6 years, maybe their next album won't be so bad.

Werbung:

Dirty

I have tons... the list would go on for hours, depends on mood...

right now though this is on my headphones!

Blind Melon

"I'll make a shoehorn outta your skin
I'll make a lampshade of durable skin
And oh, don't you know that I'm always feelin' able
When I'm sittin' home and I'm carving out your navel

When will I realize that this skin I'm in
Hey, it isn't mine
And when will the kill be too much meat for me to hide on

Hey, I could really use a couple of hands
To complete one hell of a plant stand
Oh, and don't you know that I'm caught here in the middle
Making rib cages into coffee tables
I'm just makin' em into coffee tables

And when I realize that this skin I'm in
Hey, it isn't mine
And when will the thrill be too much meat for me to find anymore

Oh, because you know I can't hide
But oh how hard I try
But this is just the shape I'm in, oh yeah
And though you know I can't hide
But oh how hard I try
But this is just the shape I'm in"

Satan

your right deviant they havent quite been the same, but what you gonna do. I love keaseby nights album and alone in a crowd, and dinosaur sounds is alright, but they still kick some ass. im actually gonna be seing them in concert on the 12th of next month on reel big fish's coast to coast roast.

I agree with you on the streetlight manifesto part, they kick ass as well, im anxious for the release of Keaseby nights vol. 2, i guess there gonna re do the album streetlight style.

Deviant

That's what I hear and I can't wait for it. If you go to punkrockvids.com you can dl Keasby Nights redone live by SM, they do it during the bridge of Point/Counterpoint. It's awesome.

MeanMugginFool

I am definetly a fan of pretty much everything except country music, which means at times Georgia feels like HELL!!! (thank god for Athens and Atlanta music though).
Some songs and bands I am listening to lately:
Incubus-Make a Move
311-Don't Tread on Me
World Leader Pretend-Bang Theory
Red Letter Agent-Burn the Good Ones Down & Please Don't Hide Your Love (awesome ATL band)
Death Cab for Cutie- Expo '86
Bedouin Soundclash-When the Night Feels My Song
Ambulance LTD-Stay Where You Are & Primitive (The Way I Treat You)
...and so on, I have over 5000 songs on my comp, and by the way, I didn;t think Dinosaur Sounds was that bad of an album at all by Catch 22 :)

rocklee

Well I don't have a favorite song but I can tell you what I listen to:

Techno - Lots of euro djs... too many to name.
Jazz - The good stuff, like Frank Sanatra, Nat King, Louis Armstrong, and various others.
Classical - Beethoven, Bach, and etc.
Rock - Another group thats too many to name
Oldies - Good old 80s music, like Ah Ha, and stuff. =)
R&B - Just whatever sounds good to me.

I tend to stay away from Rap and definitely hard core rap. They all sing about the same things, thugs, sex, girls, sex, money, sex. Its just so boring.

But lately I've been listening to lots of Talk Radio, but more like News Radio... i know i know... call me boring =)

H22Teg(Ratchet)

I'm a total metal head, but I love music in general and enjoy a variety of music(except country, I just don't get it). I'm 27 so I grew up with hair bands and speed metal. Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Metalica, Megadeth, Suicidal Tendancies etc. I still listen to all those bands.
My favorite by far is Pantera, I was fortunate enough to have seen them live twice back in high school. What an awesome fucking band they were. I've been to 40+ rock/metal shows and no one owned the stage like those guys. Phil would get up and just talk about shit for a few minutes and just blow my mind, and they came back both times and played a kick ass encore.

New bands suck donkey dick for the most part. I really dig System of a Down, and "Presidents" is probably my favorite song right now. Slipknot is awesome, and I really dig Shinedown. Meshugah is the best death metal band EVER.

On the softer side I really dig Jimmy Eat World, The Get Up Kids and Weezer.
Damn this is a long post

Intro

What up, MeanMuggin - what Athens bands are you diggin'?

And Ratch, I saw Meshuggah a few years ago - their drummer blew my mind. But the frontman was kinda lame. I mean, he looked like he would kick my face in, but he was lame. Not sure why. Whatev - drum god.

8)

H22Teg(Ratchet)

I've never seen them live, but I think he sounds OK on the CD's. I don't really listen to death metal for the singing though,lol. I love the smashing guitars and killer drums.
Morbid Angel kicks serious ass too. Trey shreds on that 7 string man.

MeanMugginFool

Intro, I dunno who is big up there right now, but I always liked Left Front Tire, Angie Aparo, and I saw John Mayer at 40 Watt before he became Pop Music Superstar John Mayer. Also Five-Eight is ok

Werbung: