Windows 7

Werbung:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Regarding windows boot time: watch and enjoy the great boot race, a comparision between 4 different OS - made under realistic conditions (boot time + showing a small website):

• Windows Vista
  • Windows 7
  • Two Ubuntu versions

It's fun...

rocktrns

Wow I never though that Windows 7 would be last.
I'm still going to stick to Windows Vista because it has familiar features.
I expected the Ubuntu versions to go in last place. I just might start researching
Ubuntu because of this video.

Roger117

As a matter of FACT, I have Windows 7 and that test was not right. I load my Windows 7 MUCH faster than Windows Vista. Probably with Ubuntu as well.

Plus, If they were all done on the same computer, chances are Quadriple (???) booting really stuffs up your computer.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
As a matter of FACT, I have Windows 7 and that test was not right. I load my Windows 7 MUCH faster than Windows Vista. Probably with Ubuntu as well.

The youtube test shows the same results as professional magazines. I doubt you made your own test in a controlled environment :)
And remember: the test wasn't about boot time alone, it was measured how long it takes until you can use the operating system :)

spuznick242

I'm sticking to vista only because I have no need to update and there is no new features on it that make me just want to jump up and down to get it.

spuznick242

The video showed only screens, so I wouldn't believe it to be an equal test.

It would be hard to make in a fair test. Each OS requires differnt amounts of ram and hard drive space, along with the settings, it would be somewhat difficult to make it a level test only because of all the differnces short of using all new computers that are custom built for the specifications for each OS.

Werbung:

michejohnson

Windows 7 is very nice and glosy looking operating system from Microsoft.
I think this operating system will take place of Windows XP in very shorter time.