Block Party=Nexon?

rocktrns

I found this information
http://www.virtualworldsnews.com/2009/09/nexon-announces-block-party-for-the-postpenguin-generation.html said:
Nexon Announces Block Party, Hopes to Lure Post-Penguin Generation

What are kids going to do after they leave Club Penguin? Nexon hopes they'll hang out at Block Party. Min Kim, Nexon America's Vice President of Marketing, announced the company's Block Party service, a new brand for its social gaming portal that will be designed to appeal to a slightly older audience.

Kim made the announcement last week in a presentation about social gaming in which he considered future activities for Club Penguin gamers, who he calls "bubble babies." Nexon considers the group the first truly connected generation. Born during the dot.com "bubble," he noted they are already playing online social games.
"By 2012 they're going to be 11, 12, 13," he said, "and the sweet spot for our demo is around 14, 15, 16, and that's not going to happen until 2015. We think that there's going to be an explosion of social gaming behavior by 2015."
http://www.virtualworldsnews.com/20...ock-party-for-the-postpenguin-generation.html

Werbung:
E

Elite SEAL

You know what comes to mind when I read that, I thought about how they think it's the most glorious plan of all and that block party will be their Peter the Great, but what also came to mind was this, from the military channel top 10 IFV's, talking about the BMP -1, in a dramatic voice: "Most people, when they look at the back doors of the BMP, the first thing they notice are the really thick doors, and so their like 'whoa! are those some kind of super thick armor?' -NOOO, it's a fuel tank, and when a BMP takes a round up the backside, everyone is consumed in a giant explosion and everybody DIES.'"

Jordan B

I lol'ed a little bit.

No, but seriously guys, it's no biggie. It's just a web update, and brings a slight social networking aspect into all of Nexons games. Hopefully you'll finally be able to communicate better with the GM's. Who knows ? ;)

Wait and see guys, it's not gonna be far away.

rocktrns

I really don't care about the name change or anything.
Its there company they can do what they want with it.
Besides I only play one of nexons games.

E

Elite SEAL

i think all of nexons games kinda suck expcept combat arms which pwns lol

Combat Arms is most likely the best Nexon game, but it still SUCKS SO FREAKING MUCH!!!! well, not that much, but it still sucks if you look into it deeply

SpIkE_JoNzE

so dont do llok into it deeply lol...just enjoy this cool free game and F*ck all else, but still there are lots of player who take this game so serious...

dumb-dumb

It's not about social networking or about gaming, it's about marketing revenue. Unfortunately Nexon/Block Party will pack the profile pages with advertisements from Burger King to Hanna Montana DVD sets. This Publisher will fail at both social networking and gaming over time since it's forte is neither. Now their profit margins will be set much higher and over time when their income does not meet projections they will end up selling this fusion-clusterf*** to a third party.

As soon as another worthwhile "free" online FPS game comes out of Beta that has decent graphics, CA will be uninstalled on my PC's. Thank goodness I wasn't born in the X Generation or later, where one is taught to adapt, accept and be happy with anything that is dished out to them by mainstream society or the Corporate elite.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/microsoft_okay_ingame_advertising_says_it_will_continue_thrive

E

Elite SEAL

It's not about social networking or about gaming, it's about marketing revenue. Unfortunately Nexon/Block Party will pack the profile pages with advertisements from Burger King to Hanna Montana DVD sets. This Publisher will fail at both social networking and gaming over time since it's forte is neither. Now their profit margins will be set much higher and over time when their income does not meet projections they will end up selling this fusion-clusterf*** to a third party.

As soon as another worthwhile "free" online FPS game comes out of Beta that has decent graphics, CA will be uninstalled on my PC's. Thank goodness I wasn't born in the X Generation or later, where one is taught to adapt, accept and be happy with anything that is dished out to them by mainstream society or the Corporate elite.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/microsoft_okay_ingame_advertising_says_it_will_continue_thrive

EXACTLY!! OH....NO, not Hanna Montana!! Her music sounds like crap!! lol, but yes, Combat Arms will just die, and people will start playing "Alliance of Valiant Arms" which is still in beta at the moment I think, but is supposed to be really good, and some will go to Cross Fire, who knows, maybe some will drop FPS gaming all together.

NICE F*ING JOB NEXON!!!!

BossMaroni

(btw Boss -you should probably choose either Myspace or Facebook, just my opinion)

Well, I've mostly given up on MySpace. FB just seems so much quicker and easier. Plus, lots of people have grown accustomed to my near-daily snarky status updates.

But I do have a bunch of friends who are on MySpace, but not on FB, so I'll probably keep both for now.

Werbung:
E

Elite SEAL

Well, I've mostly given up on MySpace. FB just seems so much quicker and easier. Plus, lots of people have grown accustomed to my near-daily snarky status updates.

But I do have a bunch of friends who are on MySpace, but not on FB, so I'll probably keep both for now.

You're right! Advertising for Hannah Montana will bring in the ladies! :thumbup:
Of course, by "ladies" I mean 11-year old girls. Wait...that's not so cool. :mad:

Whoops, double-post. Kill me quickly...
BOOM, HEADSHOT!! Yeah...11 year old girls...yeah, those are more like little girls.

about FB and Myspace, Yes, I used to have a Facebook page (but my mom made me delete it because she thought it was going to be a waste of time) and I really liked all the games and funny stuff and the quick and easy maneuverability.