Explosive enabled match. Love them or hate them?

Roger117

usually when i play an elimination match in junk flea, expolsives are enabled. personally i occiasionally use them but sometimes i cant even get out of the spawn area alive. there are some games that the players excessively use grenades which really annoys me. i usually try to find a grenadeless match. what are everyone elses opinions? love them or hate them?

Werbung:

mporcius

I don't mind grenades (though I can see how they get annoying on a little map like Junk Flea.) In fact, for the most part, I think grenades add to the game. It is fun to have a weapon that requires a totally different technique and has different capabilities than a gun, one you can throw over obstacles if you hear a foe wading through water or opening a door, for example. The grenades make it wise to use the real life tactic of "not bunching up." And the frag grenades, because they do so much damage, give a beginner a real chance to kill an expert, which makes the game less frustrating for the noob and more dangerous for the pro. And because you only get two grenades per life, there is a limit to the amount of spamming that can go on.

While I like grenades, the mines annoy me. They slow down the game, for one thing. And how the hell can I tell if a mine is friendly or hostile? I mostly play Elim, and I just shoot or grenade any mines I see.

The best thing about explosives in CA is that you can start a no explosives room, so that the players can choose whether to deal with them or not.

Roger117

yeah i have to agree with you there mporcius. those mines really annoy me. especially when the enemy dropped all of them around the spawn area. all i do is just usually throw a grenade at the mines. helps to get rid of the and maybe multiply the power of the explosion, possibly resulting in a few kills.

llamaeatataco

I donn't want to see CA turn into a grenade spam fest like cod4 is sometimes, but man, the grenades are powerful. If people spam the spawn are with mines, it does piss me off, but I like to use explosives as camper deterrent. Just mine popular camping spots or throw nades into them if you know someone is there. Most explosiveless matchess just turn into camp fests anyway, so i don't like them. Just my opinion, you can have your own as long as it is the same as mine =)

Pattack

With Noob Nade spammers it gets annoying.

But with a room full of good players, it's good fun. Plus, I like nades if people use them strategically. I usually tell the person nice corner if they corner me with a nade. But just walking and exploding randomly because someone threw one up in the air is real annoying.

Roger117

yep i agree pattack. sometimes when there are newbies in the same room, they just quickly waste their grenades as soon as the leave the spawn area. sometimes i cant even live my spawn area without dying.

Ekryptik

Hate em.

Especially those smoke grenades that hurt you. I have a laptop and when I get smoked my screen goes black (I still see my UI though)

jklp44

i hate them. they can be allright but from when ive played only people with no skill use them and thats just sad. they nade spawn points and pick oof those who arent killed. it just annoying especially in small maps.

i really dont even use them

they dont get annoying i think theyr good for traping enmys n their base and then thowing fire bomb into theyr base with them traped there noob thats why they have mines

IKilledYouIn1

:D:D
Hate em.

Especially those smoke grenades that hurt you. I have a laptop and when I get smoked my screen goes black (I still see my UI though)

l0l. My screen just goes white. I love grenades in my own opinion but when they randomly throw it that gets annoying. I myself do not throw random nades. I am not a nub. I throw one nade then keep the other one for later. But nades in Brushwood and Junk Flea are the best! Especially in CTF. Just throw em at the opponets flag and if there is anyone there they will die and all you have to do is get the flag and get the touchdown. Easy to do.

Werbung:

ChubaKiller

I love them. Especially the smoke gernade for CTF, the Incendary and Gas gernades (especaily thowing them together, double whammy for the poor guy who runs though that), and even the mines. Once you know someone is using mines, just look where you're going to avoid them. It's not too difficult, and they guard key points. I hate setting up to snipe on that tower in Snow Valley without those mines guarding the ladder. I can use mines to slow down the rush of people in Two Towers by putting mines on the stairs. They're so doggone usefull.