Popularity tree, what do you think.

Fladian

Funny that I'd have to admit that most friends of mine, or at least, my real friends, are quite of normal size. Not really short, not really tall. Just the normal.
A few of them are quite big though. Though I have some acquaintances that are quite tall, I can't really put them under the name category of 'friends.'

Werbung:

Moagrim

I would say I'm 2 on the scale,except I'm not a druggie but im neither a prep or a metalist,so 2 sums me up the most.In my school 3 wouldnt be metalists (they're kinda non-existent,in the lower years) it would be neds people who listen to rubbish dance music and wear burbury.

Most of my friends are "big and scary" and aren't afraid to resort to violence,but theyre also some of the smartest (schoolwork-wise) in the school too :p.I ued to be bullied (a bit) until i started hangin around with these guys,so I've never had to stay away from people for fear of shooting them :p.

Raiju

I dont really match in any of Falco's list, except for 1, but i dunno whats "preppy" so i wont put myself in there ^^

If i were to make a popularity tree for mexican schools in general, it would be like this:

1- Very Popular (top model, funny, natural leader...)

2- Popular (cool, funny and atractive...)

3- Semi-Popular (funny, bully...)

4- High Average (musical player, funny...)

5- Low Average (reasonable atractive, a little funny)

6- Not popular (bullied, not funny, usually PC geeks, not atractive)

7- Unknown (bullied, always with mouth shut, got few friends)

8- Duck (bullied, ugly, nerd...)

I can be between 4 - 2 (musical player, funny, atractive, they say im cool)

What happens with me is strange, all my friends are between 4 - 1, but i do have very good acquaintances who are computer geeks. thats because im the only one in my circle of friends that plays warcraft and RTS games. They usually pick on me when they see me talking with the "forgotten", something like "Why you keep talking with these losers?" and there it goes

When i was younger, and consequently weaker, i was bullied. I soon discovered that the best way to shun this kind of behavior towards you is, what some people call violence; i call it self-defense. No one has ever bullied me since i started to teach some lessons to the "funnies". In fact, this kind of action has levelled me into the popular ranks

Never down your head to anyone, even and especially if you are weaker. Its best to be beated to death than give up and be humiliated. Thats the way i see things.

MeTaL GuArD

And noone really dares to bully me, cause im quite fast with hands , and i can catch a guy who bullied me before he can escape. That usually ended not very good for the bully. :p They try with words, but i block it in the way that i think makes me popular in my school too. I just agree with them or do a stupid face(those who try to annoy me arent looking intelligent either). And it worked for all 3 years.

Fladian

I personally find Raiju's "rating system" better than the one of Falco. If I'd had to put myself somewhere down there, it would probably be either '2', '3' or '7' except the bullied part. When I'm not in my all time mood - which doesn't happen very often anymore, luckily - I revert bad to my old self; meaning that I don't say much.

I personally am no supporter of someone who bullies nor someone who has to use self-defense. As a matter of fact, I'm against all parts of violence either way, no matter what the reason is. When I look at myself, and how far I've gotten in life without actually having to use violence ever, I wonder why others cannot do the same.
But considering that I always have been 'between' groups of people, no one really asked me the question (or something similar) like: "What are you doing talking to them," or something like that. It's only logical that no one would care a few years ago, but even now no one really gives much about it. I usually go against (or right with) the flow anyway...

Never down your head to anyone, even and especially if you are weaker. Its best to be beated to death than give up and be humiliated. Thats the way i see things.[/b]
In a way I would agree, in the other way I wouldn't. Not the first time we'd have a different opinion, Raiju. :p
Though I guess you could say it is better than being "humiliated," but it heavily depends on the reason. I, for one, would never let it get that far.

As for "keeping your head low," that's a habit of mine. :p Hard to stop doing it. :p

And noone really dares to bully me, cause im quite fast with hands , and i can catch a guy who bullied me before he can escape. [/b]
I prefer: "having no reason to bully" than "don't dare to bully." :p

I just agree with them or do a stupid face(those who try to annoy me arent looking intelligent either). And it worked for all 3 years. [/b]
That sounds something like I can relate to. :D

Moagrim

Yeah, I liked Rajus one more than falcos because I can relate it more to my school,I would say that I'm still a two (although,I dunno if I'm attractive or not so...:p)

I only really know one person that would be a "1" on that list and I'm glad to have him as a friend rather than an enemy because hes got a close group of friends and as they say he commands respect.

Xeridanus

i am fore self-defense, after all, im learning a martial art called Zen Do Kai. however, i've only once had to resort to hard violence, and that guy was not very well liked so i had the rest of the class behind me. nowadays, i don't think i would like to meet up with him. i remember thinking, well, at least im more popular then him. i used to be bullied quite a bit by this one particular guy (a second one) back then. his name was simon. i ran into him recently, he had joined a medieval re-enactment group. he hadn't changed a bit (except he was taller, he was tall then too.), whereas i had changed quite a lot. we became friends, in a sense. i wouldn't give him $20 if he needed. i asked him what he wanted to do in life, his reply, professional hitman. i guess he is still that bully i knew so long ago.

heh, that sounds really dis-jointed and non-sensical. anyway, good-night everyone!

~X

Moagrim

I'm for self defence too,in fact i think theres nothin wrong with hitting first if the cause is right (not if its bullying thats just...sick).I would never do a Martial art,because i see little point in them,all the people i know who do martial arts and have been in fights didn't use it,and still won .

Raiju

I wonder why others cannot do the same.[/b]
Maybe it varies from the place which you live in, i dunno whats your reality but i guess it should be lighter than here

Many of my friends prefer to drop study to traffic (or study and traffic), criminality here is not something nice, and things usually are solved either by the fist or the bullet

Besides, im a "tough-to-swallow" person, at least until you begin to know me. So for me, it is utterly necessary

Does anyone pratice or know someone who is a Capoeira (african fight style)?

st33m

Hmm... I think maybe I'm an oddball because I tend to hang out with people older than me. My friends at school all tend to be Juniors and Seniors... (Uh... for those that dont use that system, highschool has 4 years, year 1 is Freshman, year 2 is Sophmore, year 3 is Junior, and year 4 is Senior) where as I am a Freshman. I think popularity at my school tends to be more in what grade you are in and then inside that it depends...

I would say it would be something similar to the systems listed, and then it would be something like Freshman get -3 or something, Sophmores get +0, Juniors get +1, and Seniors get +3... It sounds strange, but it's often the case.

And I have a friend who would be a 10 or whatever, he's a social retard... But at the same time I have friends who would be considered 1s... It's really hard to place people...

Myself? I dunno, I've been called pretty cool. As far as Freshman go, a 1, but as far as everything goes, probably lower.

Werbung:

Xeridanus

I am either a 4, 5 or 7. Let's face it we must all be at least a little nerdy ? :p
[/b]
like i said before, the most popular guy in my class was basically a nerd. but he was also just a really friendly person. another point that might hve helped with my grade demolishing the "popularity tree". those who aren't smart enough, or don't want to put the work in, leave school 2 years early and start an apprenticeship. almost all of the immature ones who would care about the tree are in this group.

"despite the increasing cost of living, have you noticed how popular it remains?"