What are you playing

Shadarak

OOH! I remember that game, the kid in his PJ's, and the zombies. after you killed one of them it's hand would chase after you. the weather was always stormy... my friends were playing it recently at uni, right before the hols. yet, i have no idea what the name was... something max? or bash?

heres another one most youngins won't remember - Battle Toads. (or something like that) we had an emulator on our pc back then and me and my brother would play two player, we could never get passed the bike part. (i might have gone past, but i would have died straight away. god-damn memory is so foggy.) my friend also had battle toads on N64.
[/b]
Oh!! Monster Bash!!

And about the Zombie, it was actually the head that would come after you after being killed.
And so far, I've only goten to the second level of that one game, and right at the part where
you have to get onto the flying broomsticks to go up higher.

And I was playing that one game in the time when I was still a pup playing kiddie games like
Put Put and Fatty Bear. I'm too old for those two now, but I still wish to renew
the memories of playing Monster Bash.

Werbung:

N00byStance

The quest of the guy in that graveyard is quite an easy one. As a matter of fact, one of the only quests that involves fighting which is of such a relatively easy level.[/b]

No, no, I mean the grave of the lich, but nvm, I already killed both liches to acquire Kangaxx' body. Tirdir's quest was already done.

As for Kangaxx, I tried few times and everything ends when Kangaxx becomes Demi-Lich. I can take him to medium wounds, but then he massively casts Trap the Soul on my party and it's done.

Fladian

Kangaxx is called "the strongest enemy in SOA" for a reason. :p I'll be a bit more specific about him though...

Kangaxx only knows how to cast imprisonment, which has no saving throws. There is a way to avoid it, however, that is casting a protection spell of that class. Abjuration, as I recall. A scroll of protection from magic does the trick as well.
The Slayer is completely immune to that spell too, just like the Berserk state of a Berserker or Minsc. As a little addition to that, Demi Liches can only be damaged by +4 weapons or higher, and is completely immune to all kind of magic or weapons below +4. There is a bug that it gets damage from the fire-bullets though (30 of them are available in SOA, in the Forgotten Temple). Before going to Spellhold, there are two (I'm not sure about the third) weapons available that are +4 or higher. Staff of Rhynn, which can be bought from Renald at the Adventurer's Market. Staff of Rhynn is a Quaterstaff +4. Casomyr, the Holy Avenger, the two-handed sword that can be used by Paladins and thieves of a high enough level. The Holy Avenger is the only +5 weapon in SOA. The last item what might damage him is the Staff of the Magi. In my opinion, the best staff in the game, which is a +2 staff (as I recall) but has the description of: "Strikes as a +5 weapon" so I'm not sure if it can hit Kangaxx.
Besides those two/three weapons, there is one more item that can damage him. That would be the Ring of the Ram, which can be looted from Tolgerias (sp?), the cowled Wizard that asks you to return the body of Valygar. If you decide to bring in Valygar's body - which I've never done before, to be honest - you can still pickpocket him for the ring. The ring causes 5 - 30 damage with no saving throws. This also works on mages who are casting spells to interrupt them, if necessary; besides mages, it tends to be useful on very powerful enemies, such as dragons, vampires and the like. The hit of that weapon also causes a heavy knock-back, which causes the creature that is hit to be pushed back quite a distance, usually to the other side of the map. However, this contains a bug that never has been fixed. The creature is sometimes knocked back over areas you normally cannot walk upon, such as the tomb liches usually reside in. This one time involved Kangaxx to be pushed all the way to the exit for me, not allowing me to leave without facing him in single-handed combat.
Another way to face Kangaxx is sending a Wizard Eye at him. The Wizard Eye is completely immune to such spells, but has no attack to use on the demi-Lich.

Powerful weapons such as the Equalizer, Crom Faeyr, Celestial Fury and Black Razor are useful weapons, surely to have in that battle as well, but they are not able to harm the demi-lich.
No real magic has any use on it either. It is immune to lower resistence, and all other spells for that matter. If I'm not mistaking, it isn't immune to Maze and his own favorite spell, Imprisonment though. However, they do not give experience, nor do they get rid of the creature permanently. I also heard a rumor that it is also immune to Time Stop, but I never saw it confirmed, nor would it really matter.

A 'Freedom' scroll (that can be bought at several places later on) can be used to bring NPC's back after they've been imprisoned, this contains a bug or two though. Not only will they have to rejoin the party, this can cause some problems. If your romance has been active during that time, and that character is imprisoned, this will immediately stop because the game thinks you kicked her out of your team. There are several more, but that is the most notable.

Kangaxx is his normal Lich form is not too powerful, or at least, not more powerful than any other lich you, or I have ever faced. His Demi-Lich form is more annoying than that it is hard. He is nicked as "the strongest enemy in SOA" and in a way, it's true... as long as you don't have anything that works against him. :p

N00byStance

I've read all that before, his immunities, etc.

I can make Knagaxx "nearly dead" in a period between he appears and starts a dialogue, by attacking him, casting magic missiles and using Daystar (or how is it called), which can cast Sunray once a day.

When he becomes Demi-Lich, Sunray doesn't do much damage to him (Anomen has this spell x2).

That sucks :p

Fladian

A Demi-Lich isn't undead, as I recall. :p He heals himself back to full health between his shapeshift between the Lich Kangaxx and the Demi-Lich Kangaxx.

MeTaL GuArD

I remember my brother figthing kangaxx. First two times he got owned vs the lich form. When he came later he managed to kill the lich form but had nothing to hurt the demilich. Probably its the place where my brother is at right now as he stopped playing recently.

N00byStance

Fladian, I know he heals himself, as Demi-Lich is the other unit from technical form. I'm not such stupid, you know :p I've been playing games done under Infinity Engine for a while :p

I didn't know he becomes non-undead... I tried casting Pierce magic on him, etc. I tried few times in the evening too, but it seems that I have to skip this quest for a while :)

Shadarak

I've also played Threads of Fate. I've beaten it as Rue, but haven't gotten so far as Mint.
Oh, and also Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War, and Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Winter Assault.

Man. I miss playing Kingdom Hearts 2 sooo much. :(

Fladian

I remember my brother figthing kangaxx. First two times he got owned vs the lich form. When he came later he managed to kill the lich form but had nothing to hurt the demilich. Probably its the place where my brother is at right now as he stopped playing recently.
[/b]
That happens to a lot of people. Kangaxx's quest is extremely easy to trigger and quite easy to finish. That's why it surprises so many players, because it has so many immunities.

Fladian, I know he heals himself, as Demi-Lich is the other unit from technical form. I'm not such stupid, you know :p [/b]
You're not? =\ :p

I didn't know he becomes non-undead... I tried casting Pierce magic on him, etc. I tried few times in the evening too, but it seems that I have to skip this quest for a while :)
[/b]
Well, I could be mistaking with his non-undead-being. But considering he has an immunity to just about everything - turn undead has no effect on him either - it's quite hard to find out. :p
Skipping it is nothing to worry about. :p Do know that the reward is in every possible way, very worth it.

MeTaL GuArD

And my brother(yes i talk only about him cause i cant bother to play it myself) couldnt find the third head for that weapon... how was it called in english, damn... War (smth) of Ages. He checked literally everywhere, except the SpellHold. But he had it completed before going there before so he must have missed it. I think he has the ice one thats sure, and probably acid. Ill have to check it cause he's not home now. :p

Fladian

The Flail of Ages, without a doubt, the best Flail in the game and on of the earliest +3 weapons that can be found in the game. Also one of my favorite weapons. The Flail can be upgraded to a +5 weapon in the expansion.

The heads of the flail can be found at the following places at the de'Arnise keep:
1. The Golem Room
2. The bodyguard of the king, Glacius, who can be found in the 'hidden' room only a little behind the golem room.
3. The room behind the place where the flail is created.

N00byStance

The War Flail of Ages +3 in d'Arnise Stronghold? All of it's components are in the stronghold, as Fladian mentioned. You need to acquire the Stronghold Key to open few doors and detect some hidden doors to find the pieces :p

Fladian

If you wouldn't get the key in the first place, you'd be stuck after finding only one part of the flail. :p

By all means, I personally think that Glacius is stronger than Tor'Gal himself... :p

Moagrim

Hehe I managed to beat Glacius just using Minsc (you gotta love him) and a hell of a lot of potions lol.
The other good weapon is Crom Faeyr, though I don't know where to get all the bits (Hammer of thunderbolts and gauntlets of ogre strength).

Werbung:

Fladian

I still stick to my opinion that Glacius is quite a tough guy. Maybe it's because my policy is to use as little potions as possible... I can't recall the last time I used a wand (besides ressurection) as well. By the time I reach spellhold, I usually got a stock of about 50 - 70 healing potions available.
I'm glad I did now I finished ToB though. :p I had to use all of those potions throughout my ToB-game. :p (and I was actually running out of potions and had to rely on my two rings of regneration!)

Crom Faeyr is a good weapon, but I purposely ignored it for my ToB game. As a matter of fact, I didn't forge any special weapon in that save, besides the upgraded Mace of Distruption.

Now you'll have to refresh my memory a bit... as I recall, Crom Faeyr exists out of the Hammer of Thunderbolts, the scroll of Crom Faeyr, the Belt of Frost Giant Strength and Gauntlets of Ogre Strength. Please mention it if I missed anything. I only forged the weapon once.
The scroll of Crom Faeyr, perhaps the hardest one to get, can be retrieved from the gigantic body of the Shadow Dragon, found in the Forgotten Temple, the place where the Shadow Lord (quest of the Umar Hills) is, the Ranger stronghold quests take place and eventually is the place to end the romance of all four/five NPC's.
The Hammer of Thunderbolts, a +3 Warhammer, can be found in the Sewers under the Temple District after taking a visit to the Windspear Hills and retrieved the 'sewer key' right before facing Firkraag. Be careful when searching for the hammer though, as it is heavily guarded by the Mind Devourers, the Illithyd's... or Mind Flayers, if you prefer. To make matters a little worse, there is a more powerful kind of those creatures around there too, which the names is something I forgot currently. To increase the difficulity a little more, in the final room is the (except for one) strongest Mind Flayer you could face in the game. Truth to be known, I never noticed a difference in strength, but it has more resistences.
Belt of Frost Giant Strength can be found in the Underdark, near the exit of the under dark, to be more specific. There is an alter out there, somewhere, where you'll have to summon an animal companion to be sacrificed. However, because it still contains a bug that has never been fixed, any kind of summon will do the trick just fine. Last time I tried was with a Djinni. Be careful with the creatures that you'll have to face there though. Doom Knights are well known for their amazing strength and powerful abilties and should not be underestimated, regardless what kind of NPC's you've taken along. If I'm not mistaking, all of them has a nice deal of magic resistence and one (if not all) own the ability to level drain your characters. They all carry a Two-handed sword (+1, as I recall) with one exception, who carries a heavy enchanted blade; regardless, they remain very powerful enemies which I personally consider one of the highest classed enemies in the game. The altar can also be used to get rid of the fallen status of a Paladin or Ranger; but I'm not sure if there is any addition to the ritual then. I never played an evil Paladin or Ranger.
The Gauntlets of Ogre Strength can be found in the Planar Sphere from a specific Halfling, which you will have to deal with near the entrace of the sphere. Unless you are very weak against mages, the battle is quite easy. I only tend to have trouble with their stun and confuse-spells. Getting ahold of the gauntlets might be the easiest of them all, considering what you have to face. (A Dragon, Doom Knights and Mind Flayers).

Good luck.

Other "good weapons" could also refer to the Equalizer (forged), the Vorpal Blade (the Silver Sword, forged), Blackrazor (the nine hells), Celestial Fury (Temple District), the Flail of Ages, Frost Reaver (both de'Arnise Keep), the Wave (forged), Short Bow of Gesen (forged), Mace of Distruption (forged), Blackblood (Trademeet) and Casomyr, the Holy Avenenger (Firkraag).