World Cup

Fladian

Angola. That's it. I forgot about them, sorry. Pretty funny when you think that I have a classmate who's from Angola. :p

Argentina sure is one heck of an opponent. But the other two aren't the weakest kind of opponent either. Holland is probably in the hardest group of all nations.
Despite that Holland didn't lose any game since Van Basten became the coach (except the game against Italy) I still have my doubts if we are going to get through that part...

Werbung:
GERMANY RULESSS! Lol. Anyways.. I mgiht watch it, although I do not follow soccer, WHO can miss the WORLD cup? I mean really, stupid americans always haveing 'world' cups and yet it's only in America -_-''

Oh and good point with "football" if anything it SHOULD be called "handball" or "tackleball" or "worstsportever"

Raiju

GERMANY RULESSS! Lol. Anyways.. I mgiht watch it, although I do not follow soccer, WHO can miss the WORLD cup? I mean really, stupid americans always haveing 'world' cups and yet it's only in America -_-''

Oh and good point with "football" if anything it SHOULD be called "handball" or "tackleball" or "worstsportever"
[/b]

The funny thing is that both "US Football" and "Baseball" are only played in US, Canada and Japan. And they still make world cups of that -_-'

Angola. That's it. I forgot about them, sorry. Pretty funny when you think that I have a classmate who's from Angola. :p[/b]

Angola speaks portuguese or an african language?

HEY! Maybe its early to say that Costa del Marfim is a crap. I saw a game of classification of them, and they are quite fast and resistent, and also, there are 2 good players in their team:

Drogba and a guy named Calú

Fladian

The funny thing is that both "US Football" and "Baseball" are only played in US, Canada and Japan. And they still make world cups of that -_-'[/b]
Some people are proud on a specific sport. ^^

Angola speaks portuguese or an african language?[/b]
I'm not sure... I never asked. I found out quite late where he was from anyway... strange guy nonetheless though.

HEY! Maybe its early to say that Costa del Marfim is a crap. I saw a game of classification of them, and they are quite fast and resistent, and also, there are 2 good players in their team:[/b]
"Costa del Marfim," is Ivory Coast if I'm not mistaking. Mind using the English name of it? I don't speak any other language besides Dutch and English. (and a few other simple words in other languages)
Two good players? Well, as far as I know, they got quite a scary attack. One of the non-first team players is Arouna Kone, a player who also plays for the Dutch champion, PSV (semi-finals Champions League, last year). By all means, Kone isn't a bad player. If you consider that he isn't even a first-time player, but one of the players who passed the defense of top clubs out here (Ajax, AZ, Feyenoord) and the subtop clubs (SC Heerenveen, FC Utrecht, FC Twente) quite a lot, it could get quite... nasty for the morale of the defenders. Especially when you consider that most of the defenders from Holland are from AZ and Ajax.

Drogba and a guy named Calú
[/b]
I'm not too sure about Calu. Drogba plays for the English champion, Chelsea.

Raiju

I'm not too sure about Calu. Drogba plays for the English champion, Chelsea.[/b]

Is it true that Shevchenko is getting out of the Milan and is going to the Chelsea?

I saw their game against Cameroon, the only outstanding players were Drogba and this Calú

Fladian

Is it true that Shevchenko is getting out of the Milan and is going to the Chelsea?[/b]
Rumor has it, yeah. I haven't heard any confirmation. Though there were some things saying that Shevchenko had some trouble to let his wife (and child) adjust to the Italian language. Considering that his wife's first language is English, it occured to him that it might be a good idea to go to a place where English is the first language as well.
I personally would prefer to keep him at AC Milan, but that is my personal opinion.

I saw their game against Cameroon, the only outstanding players were Drogba and this Calú
[/b]
Hmm... I haven't seen that game. But well, it's hard to draw the conclusions now. No one expected two years ago for Greece to become the European Champion and isn't even around on the World Cup now.

Fladian

Congratulations on your 666th post. :p

Nah, in my opinion AC Milan is Shevchenko and Shevchenko is AC Milan.

Btw, isn't there a game between Mexico and Holland coming thursday?

Raiju

Btw, isn't there a game between Mexico and Holland coming thursday?
[/b]

Yeah, i just hope that we dont lose like we did against France...

You guys will be in home (isnt Eidhoven in Holland?)

Fladian

Eindhoven is in Holland, yeah. "The Light city," in the stadium of the Dutch Champions, PSV.

I actually hoped that you were going to win against France... but then agian, I always hope anything else wins against France. :p Don't take it offensive, Raiju, but I really hope you're going to lose thursday. :p

Jan Venegoor of Hesselink (Striker) and Andre Ooijer (defender) will really play at "home." They normally play for PSV.

Raiju

i cant define anything for now, since i dunno if Blanco and González are going to play in this game, but if they will, México's chances are far better

No ofense, but, either winning or losing, i hope Nilsterooy will go to the hospital, especially if Blanco plays ^^

Fladian

Isn't there is a saying? "Nothing is forbidden in love and football?" :p

Rafael v/d Vaart will probably not be playing on the Holland side, who might be quite a lose too. Considering it could be possible for Cocu and Robben have to miss the game too, chances would become equal again. Van der Vaart, Robben and Cocu are quite important players for the team.

Well, I hope van Nistelrooy remains save. :p He's our only decent striker at the moment.

Raiju

NOOOO

2x1 for Holland, and it was a table-turn!

geez, i guess that only happened because he put the inexperienced (yet decent) player Omar Bravo in the place of Blanco

great game anyways, Borghetti's goal was insane admit it ^^
but when the second half began, Holland dominated the game, especially with that punk, the Ryan Babel

i was really hoping that México would win that one...*sigh*

Fladian

It was unexpected, but I missed just about 80 minutes of that game. So, I can't say much of it. I only saw the last few minutes, and even that was looked at with only half an eye, if you get what I mean.
At the same day, the European Cup Under 21 was busy and it was a final between Holland - Oekraine. Which eventually turned out to be a 3 - 0 victory for Holland, and we're finally champions. (Thank you Foppe!)

It was a bit of a result that was unexpected by me. Especially considering that Holland played with its B-squad. Ryan Babel, as example, is far from a first team player, and in my opinion, not even good enough to be in the Holland-squad. Though I must admit that he's good in placed shots and is pretty fast...

Sorry, but I missed the goal of Mexico during that friendly.

Anyway, the WC is going in full speed now (and I have to work tomorrow *sigh* and all days afterwards). I'm definitely enjoying it, and will be going to work dressed in orange today. :p I wonder if I'm the only one... I probably will be, now I think of it.
I'm sweating my ass off here... I can't believe I still have to go to work from eight to five. :p They better get on with that party...

Mexico had a bad first half, it looked, against Iran. It was quite unexpected by me, to be honest. I expected a 3 - 0 victory for Mexico, but it's quite normal that my expectations are wrong. I feel like I'm the Viggo of the expectations. Viggo Waas, a Dutch comedian tries always tries to foretell the match results of big tournaments such as the WC (World Cup) and EC (European Cup). By now, in four years of time, ("I've been dry for about four years now. Parents with lost children are already coming to me to ask where their children may be, so they know exactly where they don't have to search.") he managed to have one good. Then to think, the results he mentioned are all very realistic. (Mexico - Iran, 2 - 0. Germany - Costa Rica, 1 - 0. Holland - Servie & Mont. 2 - 0. Trinidad & Tobago - Sweden, 0 - 2.) It's amazing how he manages to get them wrong all the time... but insanely funny nonetheless. ("I can do seven matches now. Do you think I'll have any right?")

Well, I'll be going back to watch some more. Portugal - Angola is a match that could be interesting after all.

Werbung:

Raiju

It was unexpected, but I missed just about 80 minutes of that game. So, I can't say much of it. I only saw the last few minutes, and even that was looked at with only half an eye, if you get what I mean.[/b]

This friendly showed Lavolpe (mex's coach) that Rafael Márquez is not an "army-in-a-man"

Mexico had a bad first half, it looked, against Iran. It was quite unexpected by me, to be honest. I expected a 3 - 0 victory for Mexico[/b]

Imo, i thought that Iran surprised everyone in the first half, showed they are quite a reasonable team, but, in the second half, mexican superiority triumphed ^^. 3x1 to México (2 goals of Omar Bravo, this kid promises!)

Well, I'll be going back to watch some more. Portugal - Angola is a match that could be interesting after all.[/b]

Unfortunately i didnt watched that game, how was it?

I watched Holland x Sérvia&Montenegro, i must say, a very poor play imo, i was expecting a LOT more of Holland. Maybe thats consequence of Kluivert and Seedorf's absence...

Anyways im happy with México, a good first game and, Antonio Naelson (aka Sinha), proved to be a reliable player. Why im saying that? Because, for EVERYONE's surprise, Lavolpe called Sinha in the place of Blanco. Can you believe it?!

At least he is a good player