World Cup

Werbung:

Fladian

I am of the same opinion of just about everyone I know. No one I know wants any of these to win the World Cup, so we're 'cheering' for the nation we hate the least... for me, that would be France... bleh...

*mumbles*I can't believe I am hoping for France to become world champion*mumbles*

On a side note, Raiju. England is out as well... you missed Italy.

sunny_D

hate is a strong word, flad... =/ especially in sports...

anyways i cant believe that france kicked brazil out of the competition - they didnt play very well last games... and i thought brazil will mobilize even more power from game to game... heh, but the best thing of every world cup is a nice... suprise ;)

Raiju

my fault, i was thinking in England at the moment***

ok, Great Final, Italy and France. No doubts Italy will kick ass

imo:

Italy Champ
France Vice-Champ
Portugal 3rd
Germany 4th

sunny_D

grrr... after that lucky goal in the very last minutes i would normally say that italy should loose against france...

but on the other hand our defeat is much better to bear if we can say that we lost only against the worlds best football team 2006 ;)

and my bets would look like following:

1. France (they have zidane in a very good form)
2. Italy (they will loose - no - they MUST loose)
3. GERMANY (of course we will win our last game)
4. Portugal (a good team - but unfortunately they lost against germany :))

N00byStance

I don't like both of final teams, in Germany : Portugal match I would like Portugal to win, even though there are 2 Poles in German team (Podolski, Klose)...

Fladian

Congratulations to those who were hoping for Germany getting the third place. And for those who hoped otherwise... well, it sucks. At first glance I was hoping for Portugal, despite them beating Holland and England earlier. But it was only justified if Germany would win, so for a first, I was hoping for Germany to win as well... bah, I can't believe what I'm saying. :p

I'm now (bah) hoping for France to win the World Cup. Who would've thought the day would come that I will be cheering for the French. Bah. :p

Undead_Lives

You? Cheering for the FRENCH?
What's happening to the world???!?!?!?! o_O
On a different note:
YA!!! GERMANY RULES!!!
Finally...my 3000th post is this one :p

Fladian

<div align="center">
zidane29b.gif
</div>

In my opinion, it was one of the better games from the entire WC. It is only unfortunate that Italy won in the end... :p Truth to be known, I did say that Italy would become World Champion before the WC started... just like the Dutch most known presentator, who also expected Italy to become world champion from the very start. ("I am going to regret writing that down" - the presentator right after the WC started).

Zidane; just about the only Frechman I hold respect to, which is quite sad, considering the amount of French people I know. It was Zidane (but also Henry and Barthez) which made me 'cheer' for France. I have a similar interest in France as in Italy, which is practically nothing. It's just that I have more with those three players of France than any player of Italy.
I am impressed that a specific person came to me to talk about Zidane earlier today though. I guess that proves his gigantic reputation, to let someone - who ignores football - know about the situation too.

<div align="center">
fucksake.gif
</div>
"Mwah... poor headbutt. Materazzi stood up again." - a fellow forum member

It is also clear that the WC already 'stopped' out here a while ago. Except that a person I referred to earlier in this post talked about Zidane, otherwise I would probably forget about the entire WC already. Despite saying that "it's going to be a bit more calm now that the WC has officially ended."

<div align="center">
cannonball.gif
</div>

Raiju

Forza Itáliaaaaa! (everyone shouted...)

Good, almost just as i expected (germany won of portugal)

You guys heard it? Aparently, Materazzi had insulted Zidane's sister, i saw in the TV, in the moment Materazzi was "huging" Zidane (making a barrier for a foul shot) he had said something like "It was exactly this way your sister huged me last time, that bit.ch"

Pretty cool, i loved to see Zidane's end of carreer spoiled...

Werbung:

Fladian

In professional football, such (well, not just professional) things could be expected to hear. Regardless of what is being said, you should be able to ignore it. "Especially someone like Zidane should be able to... but I guess this proves the amount of pressure was on him too."

Quite... unfortunate.