World Cup

Werbung:

Raiju

Holland x Ivory Coast, what a GAME!

Sincerely, i think Ivory deserved a draw (see that penalty over Drogba in the 2nd half that should be marked?), but, that wasnt the case. Anyways, it was a great game, both teams played marvelously(especially Robben, again ^^).

Mexico x Angola was quite below my expectations, in fact, i was very angry with the result. Angola is not a great team, and Mexico played very poorly, especially with the absence of Borghetti and González

Portugal's game was nice, but i watched it with a half eye as you say Fladian

Ghana x Czech Republic was a great game also, altough Czech Republic had stars and some tradition Ghana played very well, and deserved their first victory. In fact, they dominated the game.

Italy x USA was below expectations, Italy is not at full force as it seems

N00byStance

Ghana vs Czechs was the match of the day IMO, but remember that there is a heatwave in Germany, and those African teams don't see the difference :)

USA vs Italy, that match was STRANGE, 3 red cards :S And one OG...

Fladian

Holland x Ivory Coast, what a GAME![/b]
Yeah, for once I have been cheering again. I hardly ever shout and jump in front of my TV. :p ("If she is already in the WC-mood, then I can't be left behind.")

Sincerely, i think Ivory deserved a draw (see that penalty over Drogba in the 2nd half that should be marked?), but, that wasnt the case. Anyways, it was a great game, both teams played marvelously(especially Robben, again ^^).[/b]
In this case I am extremely biased, Raiju. :p I'm more than happy with a victory. =D
Robben played decent, who also ended up as man of the match. I personally found Robin van Persie the best man on the Dutch side.

Mexico x Angola was quite below my expectations, in fact, i was very angry with the result. Angola is not a great team, and Mexico played very poorly, especially with the absence of Borghetti and González[/b]
I didn't watch much of the match because of several reasons - I was home though. I was talking with a (now) former classmate about our next study course. The conversation wasn't all that interesting, but the match didn't really draw our interest either. ("We're in the 1/8th finals. I don't really care what we are going to face now." - that classmate)

Portugal's game was nice, but i watched it with a half eye as you say Fladian[/b]
Portugal? When? :p (didn't see it)

Ghana x Czech Republic was a great game also, altough Czech Republic had stars and some tradition Ghana played very well, and deserved their first victory. In fact, they dominated the game.[/b]
A more than excellent match, in my opinion. Far better than I expected at first sight.

Italy x USA was below expectations, Italy is not at full force as it seems
[/b]
Italy surely didn't play as good as they would be classified, but USA played a good match... but still, in cases such as those, I'm always hoping for USA to win. I'm not too fond on Italy.

It was amazing to see so many cards... it's been a while since I've seen that many... about six months. ("Rapid lost the match after receiving five red cards.")

N00by, I'm quite familiar with that heath wave. I'm feeling it too. :p

Fladian

Czech - Italy and Ghana - US is on right now. Quite important matches they are indeed. Pretty much the only reason why I'm home, mind you. :p

Raiju

We're all sad here, we almost won of Argentina but, hell, our team was lacking a "goal-breaker" (like Blanco, Lavolpe motherfu**!!!)

Holland x Portugal was a niiiice game. I hate fairplay ^^ (Holland is out too)

Taking out México's loss, my Saint John was incredible. How about yours?

Fladian

Everyone out here is extremely disappointed and most blame the ref, which is quite understandable. As expected, the shouts that Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and Edgar Davids should have been taken with him are thrown in again as well...
The orange flags and stuff that were around everywhere are starting to disappear, radio DJ Evers has left Germany, his two comedians are leaving too and are probably home already and... well... there's little left. "It's as if the WC never happened."

Raiju

the referee missed some crucial plays really

but, its THAT way there? as it never happened? not like here tough, most of us were cheering for Spain until today...
now, at least me, am cheering for Brazil

remember you asked me if Van Basten and Crujiff remembered me something? i asked my dad about it, he said in 1974 WC there was something called "Dutch Carrousel", and Crujiff was a star

same thing for van Basten, he said he was a insane scorer

*good quote of the day

Fladian

Most referree's this WC has been quite poor...

Holland was also partly responsible for how the match ended. Boulharouz (sp?) probably started all the "chaos" after his kick at C. Ronaldo. Van Bommel didn't make the situation any better.
Naturally, I was cheering for Spain as well when they played, but that is related to my hate towards the French. Now that Spain is gone... well, I'm probably for Argentine then. Though unfortunately, the WC doesn't live very much to me (anymore). I wonder why...

I'm not sure from what year both Van Basten as Cruijff are, I wasn't born yet when Cruijff played and didn't really had any interest when Van Basten played. I only read the biography of Abe Lenstra, heard of the gigantic reputation of Cruijff and a thing or two about Van Basten. For Frisians, all three of them are the greatest stars of Holland of all times.

Thanks.

sunny_D

woot? pro-argentina? NEY, NEVER!!!

hehe, but thats because they will be our next enemy :) yea, they are pretty (damn) good but so are we (germany) and therefore i'm optimistic - at least to see a fantastic game...

i personally would like to see Brazil vs Germany in the final, so we can revenge for the lost WC-Final in 2002 ;)

Werbung:

Fladian

I've always had a thing for Argentine... just like Sweden, Denmark and a few other nations. But I'm also 100% anti-Germany, which is quite logical considering I'm Dutch. If I would show any sympathy towards the Germans, my friends (and family) would never forgive me. :p
Unfortunately, quite a bunch of people are convinced Germany will become World Champion though.

My opinion is: If Germany wins against Argentina, they'll probably become the World Champions.