M4A1 - To silence or not to silence

Majority of the time, is your m4 silenced or unsilenced?

• Silenced

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unsilenced

• LUP LUP

• Total voters

{Iceman}

Hi guys, this is my first thread here at punx :D .

Anyway, I have a question for all, leet and noob: Is the m4 better silenced or unsilinced? Some people put it on right at the start of the round, other's put it on near the end, and others when they are about to die. Does it make you leet, does it strike fear into the hearts of your enemies to not know where you're coming from? Do you put it on or off depending on the situation (ie long range vs. short range)? Or is it simply personal preference. Give us your thoughts.

{Iceman}
--------------------------------
Every kill is as cool as ice

Werbung:

Intro

I usually rock silence when I'm one of only a few left, or if the rest of my team is rushing/camping site and I'm looking to flank. Silencer is nice for stealth and it seems to keep spray more level. Coming around a corner on 3 or 4 folks, I'd want it silenced.

When with the group and pushing site/laying cover fire, I prefer silencer off.

Same pretty much goes for USP..

psychonaut13

agree with intro.^

it's definately all about the situation for me. if there's a ton of the bastids and they already know where i am....fuck it, silencer off. but if i can get a spot with a little bit of range on the enemy...silencer on. or if i'm creepin about and don't want to draw too much enemy fire, silencer on.

i find that it does help with the recoil a good bit, but it sometimes produces a more erratic recoil is you spray with it on.

Hypnos

^agree with intro
^agree with bunny

I learned very quickly that there are lot of really good players in here that would rather have permenant hearing loss later in life but hear every step and gunshot now in the game. Since all the good players use sound to pinpoint where enemies are, stealth is definatly handy when alone or with one other guy (unless he is a noob, running or shooting at the walls) and the silencer helps to get the drop on a guy without everyone else rushing your position.
But like the guys above said....if I'm in a situation like camping a bomb site in dust2 as a CT, a situation where the Ts expect me to be there and will be looking really hard anyway, I'd rather have the accuracy and hitting power of no silencer. I don't mind making the noise because they know I'm there anyway.

Casualty

im kinda of in transition atm, because for a while i used it with the silencer on only for stealth. then i decided to try it on all the time, and fainlly im once again trying to use it only for stealth

and personally i like it either way, its just as good either way, you just have to get used to how it shoots with or without the silencer

spliT

I'm usually silencer-off. I think I'm a lot more accurate that way. I will occassionally put it on late if I think I'm going to have to spray though. I would rather have the accuracy of it off than the silence with it on.

SJsniperjoe

I keep the Silencer off almost all the time, even when im the last one left. I find it better to aim with, and I can get some pretty easy hs that way. Especially on the map Dust2_cz LongA. The silencer normally goes on when Im hiding in dark areas or on darm maps.

Puppet

I use the silencer on my kids but it doesn't work. Now in CZ..... different story. I have heard all kinds of numb nuts say it ruins your precision. I could care less. I spray all the time so who needs precision. I like flanking you bastards with my silencer on and taking you out before you know what hit ya! GET'EM!!!!!!

Ramon Knight

I think i'm the only person who's actually worse with the m4 than other guns. I prefer silencer on..not for stealth, but the recoil seems to be less/i have better control(for long range shooting). Though when it comes to doors and boxes and up-close, it has to come off.

Defender

I have it on almost all the time. I just like the thump sound it makes. One thing that annoys the shit out of me is when there is one on one and they guy has his M4 silenced. What's the fucking point of that? You need the firepower at that moment.

As for accuracy...I think it's less accurate but you adjust if you use it often. If I am covering an area and it's long range or I want to shoot up a door I might take off the silencer. I always charge with the silencer on though as I think it helps me suprise them. Nothing is better than the Long A rush and flanking them at Short A. If I am lucky I can run through 4 or 5 guys and they really don't know what's happening.

spliT

after this post started, I used the silencer on tonight and actually liked it. I might start playing with it on a lot more than what I used to. Does anyone have anyt tips / suggestions for better accuracy etc? (yea i know a noob broad question, but I want to hear what people say.)

Werbung:

Ind3lible

Always make sure to aim high....you'll want to hit the roof of her mouth. If you aim low you might shoot right a the back of her throat which in turn may trigger her gag reflex.