Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playstation 3, Xbox 360, and Nintendo Wii

• None

• Total voters

Mini-Me

Starcraft - Ghost

Seems as though your going to regret buying a console, again, if you get the Wii. you say it attracts you most, most likely because it has games that... arent games. you will play baseball, and tennis, and you will get bored, and you will say "damn, why did i get this thing?" just a thought, that might not be why u want the Wii.

Im getting The Playstation 3 by the way.

Correct me if im wrong >.O

Most likely i wont be getting anything because im a pc player to the core. The lack of games were not only reason for me to abandon my xbox, i couldnt get fully used to the gamepad. I did manage to pwn both Halos, but it felt like work :).

With the nintendo Wii its the controller that interests me. What i've seen some "commercials" about it, there will be games like where you swing the controller like a sword and your movements are translated to the game. So you are actually swinging the sword yourself, which looked cool to me. Might be tireing in the long run, but it can be taken as excersice. Swinging the sword for half an hour = 30min run or something :).

Werbung:

Squishy-1

i went to an arcade and they had this sort of sword fighting game bit it was a really bad game for a few reasons
1) it wasnt wireless lol
2) you had to swing in a square
3) blocking is hard cuz it cant tell the angle your sword is

but it was nothing like i suspect it to be for the wii since the wii has
1) wireless controlls
2) much more distance
3) can tell angle oh handle
4) wii isnt some Pos in an arcade

dayoh

wii's downsides it could be tiring (lol) doesnt play any previous nintendo games.

it is straight out of the box, backward playable with GameCube games.
And with the featture of dling all of nintendo's back catalogue (games for NES, SNES, N64 and SEGA consoles), i think it is backwards compatible :tup:

PiRho

oh yeah i forgot about that doesnt it come with a built in emulator where u can download any nintendo product?
Yes, it comes with virtual console software that allows you to download and play many games from Nintendo's previous consoles, as well as a few other early systems.

Mini-Me

Having all the good snes games on my pc kinda ruins that feature for me (talking about the download old snes games to Wii). But its a great idea from nintendo, propably will get a lot of people buying the Wii just for that.

Fudgie

Having all the good snes games on my pc kinda ruins that feature for me

I have all my favorite snes games on my pc, but the major problem for me is that half of them are in Japanese. Sure, I can still play but it still annoys me that I have no clue what they are saying. So I'll be happy with that feature of the Wii.

Mini-Me

Heh maybe you dont know where to look for the roms :). All the GOOD games have been translated to english, maybe you play some weird games :).

Werbung:

Fudgie

Define weird...:D

On subject however, computers for the roms seem to have occasional bugs and don't always work 100%, but it just may be from where I get mine. Plus I easily save over my games by mistake (I may do that on the normal system but It at least gives me a name of the file instead of just 1-9. As long as the prices on the roms are cheap I'm willing to buy a couple of my favs. I'd like to get Golden Eye from the 64, that was always fun multiplayer.