• Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playstation 3, Xbox 360, and Nintendo Wii

• None

• Total voters

Jupackazoin

As for Blu-ray, 50GB is what a standard 2-layer disc holds. TDK has already developed 6-layer Blu-ray discs that hold 200GB.
Yeah which brings me to my next point: How big are the PS3 games going to be anyway? I don't think they'll last any longer than current games, maybe they'll just fill up the left over space with graphics or extras or something i don't know. I mean, FFX is on a DVD, and that takes a while to do everything. Imagine FF x 50? Hard to imagine. I don't think anyone can come up with a game that would be that interesting for that long.

Werbung:

Fudgie

How big are the PS3 games going to be anyway? I don't think they'll last any longer than current games, maybe they'll just fill up the left over space with graphics or extras or something i don't know.

Maybe they will have lots of the small movie type things, like in FF where the graphics always go like 5x better in them. I've already seen some of the pictures for the new FF and to get like 5x better then that would take a lot of space.

PiRho

The graphics processor on the PS3 is worlds beyond the archaic graphics processor in the PS2. Thus, graphical elements in PS3 games can be far more complex and take up a lot more storage space. I'm not sure if the current PS3 games even use all the storage space on the Blu-ray discs, but the space is available for future games to use when developers learn how to push the console to its limits.

Jupackazoin

Hmmm. So in other words, if I had a PS3, I'd be paying $160au for a game which doesn't even hold all of the space on the blu-ray disc? That's kinda annoying. I think, if they have the space, they should fill it. eg. With FF13 or whatever it is, stick the old classic ff's on the space, Like Tekken 5 did on the PS2, although it would have been better if they weren't just the arcade versions ;)

Undead_Lives

If you stuck old games on the new PS3, it'd burn your eyes. The quality change would be horrendous.
The thing is, yes, people went from VCRs to DVDs in what...a decade? Sure, by then, Blue Ray will be obsolete. But think about it. People still play their VCR tapes. People will still use Blue Ray technology after it's extinct, just because you can't replace those games :p

Fladian

You can quicker adjust to old/new graphics than you may think, Undead. I sure had no problem adjusting myself to the looks of old SNES games or Gameboy games when I started them up again. As a matter of fact, some moments in such old games which I thought looked 'great', are looking just as great as before.
If I didn't play that game before, it is also easy to see if they tried to make something look good, or beautiful for that matter.

Jupackazoin

If you stuck old games on the new PS3, it'd burn your eyes. The quality change would be horrendous.
The thing is, yes, people went from VCRs to DVDs in what...a decade? Sure, by then, Blue Ray will be obsolete. But think about it. People still play their VCR tapes. People will still use Blue Ray technology after it's extinct, just because you can't replace those games :p

Yeah your probably right about playing the blu-ray games :) I dunno about the games burning my eyes, although I must admit, playing FFX for about an hour and then playing FF6 kinda does fry your eyes for a few minutes ;) Talking about frying, have you guys(girls) tried to play PS2 games on some of the first plasma screen TV's? I dunno if it happens with all of them, but the PS2 was killing pixels on the plasma screens, causing dead pixels even when watching normal TV, that is crazy!!

Squishy-1

i imagine with all the extra space they will make better dialogs, like being able to write something and create your own personality rather then selecting from a small list, or for interractive movies, kind of like in resident evil 4, and im assuming they will make more variations for games like dynastywarriors so that every swing isnt the same some times maybe a accidental high swing? also i assume there will be a lot of smoothing, and more fps

In_bLoOm

Wii is HORRIBLE... have u seen that joystic ? :p no way... Xbox ? no... im not a pc noob and xbox has weaker hardware than PS3. And Ps3 would be the best choice... but im not getting any of those. who am i to play it damn ? :p

Fladian

Well, I know quite a number of people who want that Wii. An old friend of mine even ordered one already. ("You idiot! If you wanted one you should have asked me! I can get one with discount!") I heard quite some good stuff about it but I definitely won't be getting one, despite that it looks pretty neat. I am, however, convinced that the Wii might be the first step to a new experience of video games.

I haven't heard much about the new X-Box, but this is probably because everyone I knew who wanted one or already has an X-box are no longer people I hang out with for various reasons. My knowledge about the PS3 is about of similar size, I don't know much about it either.

Jupackazoin

Well it will probably be a while till I own one, if ever :) I heard from one guy who was waiting in line in front of me, he said the wii controller is harder to use than it looks, aparently it's hard to point the thing correctly at the screen and it isn't very comfortable, I have no idea so until i experience it i'm gonna leave it at: I like Zelda, I like final fantasy, Halo I can get on my computer. So it's either Wii or PS3. No Xbox.

Fudgie

Well, I have a Wii and the controller system is pretty easy to get the hang of, but thats just me. The pointing can get a little annoying if you have to be exact and it may also matter your size of the TV.

Werbung: