• Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playstation 3, Xbox 360, and Nintendo Wii

• None

• Total voters

Squishy-1

not only that but roms are usually carrying viruses, most of the sites that allow you to download roms are very bad, but that feature of the wii may depreciate the price of a snes (gamepro tags a used snes at $1200)

Werbung:

Mini-Me

Hmm havent run into any bugs with the games i've played. And what i like about playing on pc is that with the emulators you can save your game at any point. Like in those huge rpg's on snes (like crono trigger, ff6, ff5 to name a few) its really handy to save the game at any point. I dont think i could have kept my nerves together if i had to play without the extra saves :). But ofc if you save every 2 sec it kinda sucks the fun, so i only saved at safe places etc.

Heh one and only virus that i have ever downloaded on my computer came from a snes rom :). Years and years back i was searching for the roms with my friend watching behind my back, i was being my cautious self but my friend just kept yelling "download that, ooh download that! that too!" I was like "this looks like a bit shady place" My friend replied "hell you are not going to download anything at that rate! What are the chances of you getting a virus?!" So i downloaded something and boom ofc there was a virus in it :).

So in future i only downloaded at those huge sites with forums, lot of advertising and that seem like a safe site. Havent cought any viruses since :).

Squishy-1

i like marios because theyre simple but entertaining, nintendo has lots of rpgs people dont know about, and zeldas always good. super smash bros > all. fire emblem > rest

Fudgie

Okay so Wii's got da roms, the cool motion controllers, and the repeatedly used series...

Anyone know anything thats somewhat unique about the PS3, there better be at least some nice stuff besides graphics, else I'm definately not buying it untill its price goes down a lot in price. Sony is actually losing money when they sell the PS3 for $600, though its expensive it, could be more.

Squishy-1

ps3 has 7 controller spaces (i hear), up to 65 feet in distance (controller) 60 gig hard drive, runs on blue ray (best disk avalable), free internet access, blue tooth (headset), a better selection of games then the wii and higher quality games then 360

Undead_Lives

Personally Mario games get old for me. Fast.
Some of Nintendo's RPG's, (like Super Mario RPG or Paper Mario) are great, others fail to satisfy.
Super Smash Brothers rules everything.
However I'm an RPG fan, thus I go for the PS3 over any other system, it's got the best selection of them.

Jupackazoin

ps3 has 7 controller spaces (i hear), up to 65 feet in distance (controller) 60 gig hard drive, runs on blue ray (best disk avalable), free internet access, blue tooth (headset), a better selection of games then the wii and higher quality games then 360

Man Sony are one of the dumbest people around, Blue Ray? In a few years that technology will be old, people keep coming up with new ways of storing data, blue ray is gonna disappear fast. But then again, look at what happened with the gamecube ;)
For me, the N64 had some brilliant games. Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Mario 64, Donkey Kong, Nintendo is KING of platform and FUN shooter games. But the PS2 has final fantasy, Tekken. They are great games. I have the PS, PS2, N64, NGamecube and I can't really pit one against the other because i like them all. Zelda is always a good game, The only thing i can say is that i don't play my gamecube much.
The XBOX? For me, is completly boring. No fun at all. Halo? Get it on the PC, looks better. I doubt i'll get any of the new systems, unless they drop down to at least half price :)

Undead_Lives

Haha, Blue Ray won't disappear fast.
If all goes well, it'll be the first of its kind to come out in movie DVD format, and then that will be around for a LONG time.
Blue Ray isn't going to disappear.

Squishy-1

blue ray expiring fast hah thats funny they hold 50 gig disk space i dont think that will be quick to dissappear, hmm id sure like a cd with 100 hours of music on it

Jupackazoin

Think about it, how long did it take for them to go from vcr to dvd? how long did it take them to go from dvd to blue ray? How much tonger do you think, it will take them to come out with a NEW storage cd? not long.

Werbung:

PiRho

Holographic discs are not new tech. The idea has been around and in the works for a long time now. We'll see where the company goes with it as the one that has the best marketing and is the most inexpensive and easy to use will win out in the long run.

As for Blu-ray, 50GB is what a standard 2-layer disc holds. TDK has already developed 6-layer Blu-ray discs that hold 200GB.